Free Monthly Self-Defense Classes
A Free Community and Public Service for the Greater Madison Area
Free monthly self-defense classes now offered at TWO locations in Madison during all of 2011
Come Learn Simple, Easy and Effective
Self-Defense Techniques! Two locations making it easy for anyone to attend! See the 2011 schedule below.
Why Are We Offering These Self-Defense Workshops?
- In light of the recent economic downturn, the World Hwa Rang Do Association and the Madison Hwa Rang Do Academy are now offering free and open self-defense classes to the public, to empower our communities regardless of financial situation.
- We believe that everyone should have basic and effective knowledge on how to defend themselves against an attacker, bully, or any other act of physical aggression. This kind of physical and awareness training is invaluable, and these monthly classes will be sure to leave an impact on the participants and help prepare you just in case a "what if" happens.
- These self-defense workshops will be FREE to ANYONE who wants to come: the general public, family, friends, as well as regular students. Previous martial art experience is NOT needed.
- We will be covering different self-defense topics each month, and the classes will be “hands-on” in which participants will be practicing the material taught in a safe and controlled environment. The curriculum will evolve throughout the year, and provide MANY real life applications and practice. There will be unique and new material covered in every class to broaden your horizons!
- These will be held once a month on a Saturday afternoon. One on the East and one on the West side of Madison. The workshops will last for an hour, and regular clothes that are relatively loose to actively move around in are fine to wear for non-students (students should wear uniforms though).
Where: East Academy (1625 Thierer Road, Madison, WI 53704), Madison WI
When: First Saturday of each month from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
We welcome people from all walks of life, genders, AND martial arts skill levels to come participate, make new friends and help build up our community.